Dickey elected as new mayor
A special meeting to swear in the new Henryetta City Council members was held Monday at noon.
Steve Sanford and Vernon Vanmeter received the Oaths of Office from Judge Luke Gaither.
Sanford is the Ward 1 representative, and Vernon Van Meter represents Ward 2.
Outgoing council members Shannon Scott and Christy Jeffcoat received plaques recognizing them for their service on the council and to the city.
The council elected Michael Dickey as the new mayor and Steve Sanford as vice-mayor.
The Henryetta City Council was scheduled to meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday evening.
The board was set to discuss several items including:
• Discuss/Act to put the playground project on hold to discuss an alternate location
• Discuss/Act on a resolution to approve a proposal by the Muscogee Creek Nation Department of Housing (MCNDH) requesting the City of Henryetta to provide water service
• Allowing The Shack 2.0 to host a volleyball tournament on June 3rd, at Nichols Park
• Proposal by the Henryetta Tennis Association (James McCullough) to resurface the downtown tennis courts
• Closure of a portion of East Broadway Street
• Request by Ratilal Patel to annex property into the corporate city limits of Henryetta See Friday’s edition of the Free-Lance for more details from the meeting.