Home total loss after fire

Fire completely destroyed a house located at 17259 Sharp Rd Friday night. Okmulgee Fire Department battled the flames with help from Wilson and Schulter fire departments but unfortunately the house was declared a total loss. No one was injured during the fire. 


Staff Writer

A possible chimney fire destroyed a rural home Friday evening.

The house located in the 17000 block of Sharp Road, has been declared a total loss after the blaze.

The call came in to authorities around 10 p.m. Jan. 26. when residents reported the smell of smoke and saw flames coming from the chimney.
Okmulgee firefighters responded, but by that time, the home was already a total loss.

“The house was fully involved and there were flames coming out of the roof which means the fire had already completely burnt through the roof,” OFD Deputy Brian Thomason said.

Schulter and Wilson fire departments also lent assistance with tankers of water.

No one was injured in the fire.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet