Several policies were approved Monday by the Henryetta School Board of Education during their regular session.
Opening the meeting was a public hearing on the district’s Impact Aid Program to allow tribal officials and parents of Indian children to make recommendations concerning the needs of their children, the LEA’s educational program and the degree of participation.
The board then approved Indian Education Policies and Procedures for the 20 23-24 school year.
The board voted to table action on a request from Kanon Bailey in regards to possibly purchasing the school property located on Main Street.
• Contract between Okmulgee County Sheriff ’s Office and Henryetta Public Schools for the School Resource Funding Grant. The search is still underway for an officer to fill the post.
• Minutes of the Sept. 21, Oct. 16, Oct. 30, and Nov. 7 Special Board Meetings and the Oct. 9 Regular Board Meeting • Encumbrances and Financial Reports for the 2023-24 school years
• Fundraisers for the 2023-24 school year
• Board of Education Election Resolution to call for annual School Election on Feb. 7, 2024. It will be for Seat 2 and Seat 4
• Contract between Henryetta Public Schools and Pamela Boatright for the 2023-24 school year
• Policy for Naming of New School Facilities with amendment stating that the person a facility is proposed to be named after, must be deceased for at least 10 years
• Sami Kerr as Virtual Instructor for the spring semester 202324
• Resignation letter from Claudia Pollard effective Oct. 31
• Resignation letter from Tisha Hinojos effective Oct. 27
• Retirement letter from Nadine Graham effective May 10, 2024
• Regular School Board Meeting dates, times, and place for FY 2023-24 Meetings will be at 5:30 p.m. at the Henryetta Board of Education Center Office, 1600 W. Gentry.
— 2024 HPS Board Meetings • Jan. 8, 2024
• Feb. 12, 2024
• March 11, 2024
• April 8, 2024
• May 13, 2024
• June 10, 2024
• July 8, 2024
• Aug. 12, 2024
• Sept. 9, 2024
• Oct. 14, 2024
• Nov. 11, 2024
• Dec. 9, 2024 – In other school news, congratulations to the E-Sports team. On Monday, they competed in Bixby to qualify them for State. The State competition will be at SWOSU, Dec 1. This is the first year for the E-Sports program at Henryetta.